Re: Centrino...slow like a Celeron or equal to a P4?

If Centrinos are to Celerons what Neutrinos are to Neutrons, I am semi-reliably informed the former travel almost at the speed of light, whereas your common or garden neutron, like a pet tortoise, tends to stay where you last put it.

Does this help?

Is the new mobile chip hobbled? > >
Reply to
Andrew Troup

"Jim Pixley @ DSG" wrote in news:9LMZa.6547$794.5114 @nwrdny02.gnilink.net:

I thought it was funny.

I wouldn't call it "hobbled". It's simply designed from the ground up for mobile use. Sure, it won't be as fast as a desktop CPU but I think the goal of the redesign was to provide laptop users with as much power as possible without sucking batteries dry. Previously, laptop implementations of the desktop CPU's only had a handful of tricks they could perform when trying to save on power. The Centrino is supposedly much more sophisticated.

Reply to
Joel Moore

Joel Moore quipped:

from what i understand the "centrino" is actually a combo Intel mobile CPU-WiFi and something else (the CPU is just part of the package).

i believe the new mobile P4 is much faster than the previous mobile cpu.

so I THINK a centrino system would be fine.

assuming i'm not getting my terms mixed up. :-P

--nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.