SolidWorks Tech Support

Another round of comments solicitated.

How is the tech support offered by SolidWorks? It seems PTC has outsourced its service to the India. The quality of the support seems to be pretty good. The fluency of the English language is excellent. The ability to understand the tech, however, is not.

Has SolidWorks kept the support center in North America? Not that I call for hand holding, that's what this group is for! ;^) Reporting of bugs is another story.

TIA,

-- Windoze 2000 SP4

768 MB RAM nVidia Quadro2 MXR/EX Driver Build 4.5.2.3 Wildfahr 2003451

- Doug E. Eicher Global Inc./SFC Valve Corp mailto: snipped-for-privacy@globalsfc.com What I say here are my own thoughts and opinions and do not reflect views of my employer.

Reply to
Doug Eicher

The first tech resource is your VAR (after this group, of course.)

WT

of my employer.

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Doug:

Your support should come from the folks you bought the software from, so that's local. If you find some problem with that support, you can get help from Boston, but you shouldn't get in the habit of doing that, the response time is probably not as good. The folks in Boston are there to help your local support folks if they get stuck. I imagine there is support in India, but that is for people from India. The quaility of resellers varies a lot. Some resellers have this nasty habit of putting wet-behind-the-ears newbies on tech support, which I think is a big mistake. I recommend getting to know the guys at your reseller and finding a way to make sure you get your tougher questions answered.

matt

Doug Eicher wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
matt

The way it works is you pay yearly for support to your local VAR. In turn if you have a good VAR they will take the time to work through any question you may have reguarding functionality of SolidWorks wether it be bugs or settings etc obviously they are not going to train you unless you have a deal worked out with them on that which means more $$. Our VAR is quite friendly and knowledgeable I have never been disapointed. If you submit a bug that they can verify then they submit it to SW for a SPR if one has not already been submitted then they may notify you when SW has issued the SPR and when it has been fixed.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

IIRC, for PTC, the second source (first being USENET or Pro/USER listserv :^) is PTC or RAND, who we dumped. I guess with SW, VAR selection is as important as the initial software purchase.

BTW, the tech call came via PTC's call logger web form.

Thanks, DE

Reply to
Doug Eicher