Some interesting SWGeeks forum topics

Over at the swgeeks site there are a couple of intetrsting forum topics i would love to have ya'll chime in on:

SolidWorks 2009 - Have you tried it yet:

This is your chance to rant or rave about your experiences with SolidWorks 2009 but please no flame wars :)

Ask a blogger -

We currently have 8 bloggers who are members of the swgeeks site who would love to answer any questions you may have about SolidWorks, blogging or anything related. but please....be nice :)

Alex R. Ruiz

The SolidWorks Geek

JB still can't even format a spreadsheet.

================

[ I want to be able to export the tool library text into a spreadsheet. ] -Jon Banquer- (AKA: NeilJ) [ You mean like this?? 1) open excel 2) file, open, txt file from export from MCX 3) choose delimited format when asked. used little checkboxes to control detail of cells.

Done. pretty simple....... ] -Robert-

[ Nope. I don't mean like that. What a mess. ] -Jon Banquer- (AKA: NeilJ) 8-19-2008 STILL CLUELESS [ It's only a mess because you have no training and don't know what you're looking at. ] CNC Apps Guy [

OK...... You don't like that. But that is what MCX tool libraries look like in their native ASCII format. What kind of eye candy do you want? If you have any excel skills, you can make it LOOK however you want. But the fact remains, if you save the above spreadsheet as a .txt file, it WILL create a library. There is quite a bit of help docs that describe the formatting...... ] -Robert-

[ I've seen what Mastercam X tool libraries look like by opening them in Notepad. I understand that I can format the info any way I like in Excel most likely using VBA (if it's still called that). I have done this kind of thing in the past but at this point I don't wish to allocate the time and effort to do this and would prefer to purchase one that looks pretty and is easy for anyone to use without understanding Mastercam's tool library format. ] - Jon Banquer- (AKA: NeilJ)

You are so full of shit Jon, if you really knew how to format a spreadsheet it would be done, it's that fast, it's that easy.

You already used 100x the effort and time search for a formatted spreadsheet on the net than it would take to create one from scratch. So your excuse that you have the knowledge but not the time is false.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Explain IN YOUR OWN WORDS how Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology will help a user understand the design intent of someone else's non-native imported model....................................

That's what I thought.....you can't answer.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

That's what I thought.....you can't answer because you're clueless.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

That's what I thought.....you can't answer because you're clueless.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

That's what I thought.....you can't answer because you're clueless.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Clueless

Reply to
brewertr

" I dropped out of high school to pursue my dream of making a lot of money and never went back" - Jon Banquer - Dec 28, 2002

It shows.

Reply to
brewertr

" I dropped out of high school to pursue my dream of making a lot of money and never went back" - Jon Banquer - Dec 28, 2002

Easy to tell.

Reply to
brewertr

" I dropped out of high school to pursue my dream of making a lot of money and never went back" - Jon Banquer - Dec 28, 2002

It shows.

Reply to
brewertr

Jeff Beck = Amateur

16 year old french kid = Shredder
You don't know cad/cam.....you don't know guitar playing.....you don't know how to smuggle pizza in a briefcase. What else can't you do?

Keep postin lil crazy dude.....just keep postin. You're funny.

Barn

barn_rubble

They make me think of mental deficiencies.

Barn

Reply to
barn_rubble

Jon,

Lets start with the fact that you never define exactly what you're talking about. When asked for specifics you don't answer because you don't have a clue.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr