Variable Diameter Pulley

Hello, Is there any way of simulating a belt drive with a pulley whose diameter can increase or decrease by means of a motor. Currently I am not able to do that. Wanted to know whether such a scenario is supported in SW. I am using SW2007 with COSMOS Motion. Thanks

Reply to
indexterslab

G. De Angelis

Basically, develope a model that is exactly what the mechanism is like. The only thing that may be a problem is to be able to constrain the face of the belt to a curved-tapered surface. This may work and it may not? If it doesn't work directly, then there may be some workaround with dimpler "hidden" parts?

Another apporach may be to develope an equation, based upon the angle and distance apart of the taper of the two halves of the pulley. I have seen something similar with a coil spring where the length of the spring was driven by the result of an equation, then parts of the model were moved the spring appeared to be moving, (like a real spring) and a similar technique could possibly work for this.

Hope this helps.

Ed

G. De Angelis wrote:

Reply to
Ed

Ed,

I think he is asking about doing this in Cosmos Motion. The only thing I can think of is to define some kind of functional relationship between the two sheaves. Don't know if motion can do this kind of generalized analysis or if Adams is needed.

Reply to
TOP