Wildcat Realizm 200 and other high-end/priced graphics cards, are they worth it?

I recieved an email from 3dlabs today about the Wildcat Realizm 200. Ive never had any hands-on experience with any high end/high priced
graphics cards before.
In what areas do you get a huge performance increase with these cards? We normally use CAD gfx cards that come with the Dell workstations (currently Nvidia Quadro). We dont have any textures on our models, which is one of the key points I read about the Wildcat cards. Main question, who benefits from these kind of cards?
Look at the SPECAPC results. They compare Wildcat to Nvidia.
Look at the SPECAPC results. They compare Wildcat to Nvidia.
I checked the SPECAPC site, but i cant find the link for the 2003 results. Anyone know where they are?

Personally, I think the main beneficiaries are the people who sell them. It seems to me that, like most computer hardware, you quickly reach a point of diminishing returns. If you look at comparative data SolidWorks benchmark data, say at Tom's Hardware or AnandTech, you'll see that you get a pretty good bang for your buck as you move from cheaper cards to the mid-range cards. As you move to the high-end cards, you pay an awful lot for a few % improvement. Given that the benchmarks are pretty graphics intensive, I find it really hard to justify the big bucks.
On the other hand, someone here is bound to tell you how happy they are with their high-end card and how they would never go back to the cheap seats.