Atlas June 2004 Announcements in HO & N

Just for kicks, I thought I'd start a model railroad related thread. I know it's a bit odd to have one here at r.m.r these days, but what the heck... :-)

NEW PAINT SCHEMES! Atlas HO GP-40 Locomotives

NEW MODEL! Atlas HO DASH 8-40CW Locomotive
NEW ROAD NAMES & ROAD NUMBERS! Atlas HO Coalveyor
NEW MODEL! Atlas HO NE-6 Caboose
NEW PAINT SCHEMES! Atlas N B23-7 Locomotives
NEW ROAD NAMES! Atlas N 2-6-0 Mogul
NEW PAINT SCHEMES & ROAD NUMBERS! Atlas N Coalveyor
NEW PAINT SCHEMES & ROAD NUMBERS! Atlas N 70 Ton Ore Car

Comments?

Anyone here? HELLO?...Hello?...hello?.... ECHO!...Echo!...echo!... LOL

Paul A. Cutler III - "This place is deader than Poughkeepsie on a Tuesday night." - E. Fresner

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

I notice that there is no 'surcharge' for paint schemes of UP and predecessor railroads.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

well, they increased the MSRP from the Dash 8-40C to the Dash 8-40CW $30 on the non-decoder units...

Reply to
me

No comment - question. Why does the 70 Ton ore car have a Blt date AND test date? What does that mean exactly?

Reply to
Drew Bunn

What additional features are added to the Dash 8-40CW as compared to the Dash

8-40C to justify the cost difference?
Reply to
Mark Mathu

The only differences I can see are:

-Number boards, sand fill hatch, and marker lights where appropriate by railroad

-Operating ditch lights

Reply to
me

Reply to
Ken Hammer

The NE-6 caboose is an interesting choice. They came to the NKP when that road leased the W&LE in 1949, so that's another colour scheme they can legitimately be finished in. Wheeling fans - and I am one - can rejoice.

The Chicago Great Western had cabooses that were very similiar. So there's scope for a kitbash, as well. I seem to recall one of the southern roads, the Seaboard perhaps, had something quite similar.

Given the great number of high-quality, accurate and detailed freight cars that are now available to the transition-era modeller, it's good to see the production of cabooses to the same standard. The previous Atlas caboose is a lovely model, but a little too modern for my purposes. This new NE-6 will be ideal.

Reply to
Mark Newton

According to

the GP40's were built from 11/1965 to 12/1971, 1,243 units. Note that this does not include GP40-2's, GP40X's, or anything like that.

Paul A. Cutler III

************** Weather Or No Go New Haven **************
Reply to
Pac Man

I suspect that it's about to become very lively again.

Reply to
Mark Newton

I'll believe it when I see it. :-(

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

An on-topic thread? How dare you, sir! ;-)

[....]

Happy-happy, joy-joy, I'm collecting a unit train of these. Don't much care about the OL&B, but the CPR paint schemes (Pac-Man or script) would fit my area.

-- Kizhé

Reply to
Lieutenant Kizhe Katson

Reply to
Ken Hammer

Don't overlook their offering in "O Gauge"! The quality of the O line is remarkable - the fact that the detail is excellent, the cars properly weighted, and the overall integrity of the cars is great. Their offerings and some of the newer Lionel and K-Line products are quite a change in 3-rail.

Pac Man wrote:

Reply to
abc