Atlas June 2004 Announcements in HO & N

Just for kicks, I thought I'd start a model railroad related thread. I
know it's a bit odd to have one here at r.m.r these days, but what the
heck... :-)
NEW PAINT SCHEMES!
Atlas HO GP-40 Locomotives

NEW MODEL!
Atlas HO DASH 8-40CW Locomotive

NEW ROAD NAMES & ROAD NUMBERS!
Atlas HO Coalveyor

NEW MODEL!
Atlas HO NE-6 Caboose

NEW PAINT SCHEMES!
Atlas N B23-7 Locomotives

NEW ROAD NAMES!
Atlas N 2-6-0 Mogul

NEW PAINT SCHEMES & ROAD NUMBERS!
Atlas N Coalveyor

NEW PAINT SCHEMES & ROAD NUMBERS!
Atlas N 70 Ton Ore Car

Comments?
Anyone here? HELLO?...Hello?...hello?.... ECHO!...Echo!...echo!... LOL
Paul A. Cutler III - "This place is deader than Poughkeepsie on a Tuesday
night." - E. Fresner
*************
Weather Or No Go New Haven
*
************
Reply to
Pac Man
well, they increased the MSRP from the Dash 8-40C to the Dash 8-40CW $30 on the non-decoder units...
Reply to
me
No comment - question. Why does the 70 Ton ore car have a Blt date AND test date? What does that mean exactly?
Reply to
Drew Bunn
What additional features are added to the Dash 8-40CW as compared to the Dash 8-40C to justify the cost difference?
Reply to
Mark Mathu
The only differences I can see are: -Number boards, sand fill hatch, and marker lights where appropriate by railroad -Operating ditch lights
Reply to
me
The NE-6 caboose is an interesting choice. They came to the NKP when that road leased the W&LE in 1949, so that's another colour scheme they can legitimately be finished in. Wheeling fans - and I am one - can rejoice.
The Chicago Great Western had cabooses that were very similiar. So there's scope for a kitbash, as well. I seem to recall one of the southern roads, the Seaboard perhaps, had something quite similar.
Given the great number of high-quality, accurate and detailed freight cars that are now available to the transition-era modeller, it's good to see the production of cabooses to the same standard. The previous Atlas caboose is a lovely model, but a little too modern for my purposes. This new NE-6 will be ideal.
Reply to
Mark Newton
According to
the GP40's were built from 11/1965 to 12/1971, 1,243 units. Note that this does not include GP40-2's, GP40X's, or anything like that.
Paul A. Cutler III ************** Weather Or No Go New Haven **************
Reply to
Pac Man
I'll believe it when I see it. :-(
Pac Man
An on-topic thread? How dare you, sir! ;-)
[....]
Happy-happy, joy-joy, I'm collecting a unit train of these. Don't much care about the OL&B, but the CPR paint schemes (Pac-Man or script) would fit my area.
-- Kizhé
Reply to
Lieutenant Kizhe Katson
Don't overlook their offering in "O Gauge"! The quality of the O line is remarkable - the fact that the detail is excellent, the cars properly weighted, and the overall integrity of the cars is great. Their offerings and some of the newer Lionel and K-Line products are quite a change in 3-rail.
Pac Man wrote:
Reply to
abc

Site Timeline