New mini scale being offered by Bachmann!

While checking out the Bachmann site I noted their announcement of a
NEW scale - "A-1" scale. It is SMALLER than Z scale, so
they had to start at the first of the alphabet. The first model looks
like they used their plans for the On30 gas mechanical:

The other is a small steamer:

Wonder how these little ones run? Sure are teeny!
Bob Boudreau
Reply to
Railfan
Nice work, Bob!
Try making an oversize dime next time. A half-dollar makes these models about N scale.
I can also see the seam on the edge of the coin. Minted coins do not have a mold seam!
John Allen did this years ago with photographic cutouts.
Doug Menke
Railfan wrote:
Reply to
Douglas E. Menke
I didn't make the half dollar coin, I picked it up as a novelty many years ago for just an occasion! It's about 3 inches across.
Fun!
Bob Boudreau
Reply to
Railfan
While checking out the Bachmann site I noted their announcement of a NEW scale - "A-1" scale. It is SMALLER than Z scale, so they had to start at the first of the alphabet. The first model looks like they used their plans for the On30 gas mechanical:
The other is a small steamer:
Wonder how these little ones run? Sure are teeny! ---------------------------------------------------- That woke me up! You caught me with this one, Bob.
History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,000 sites:
Bill
Ummm... "big pockets" was a (obviously, TOO subtle) reference to the oversized coin, with the smooth (not milled) edges, that showed mold lines and no sign of the copper middle layer...
Not to mention the HO-style couplers with the visible springs...
;)
Reply to
Joe Ellis

Site Timeline