Thin foam plastic from plastic trays

You know those plastic trays used by supermarkets for meat, etc? The flat parts are useful for making those subtle variations in ground level
that occur in real life. It scales around 1/2 to 1ft thick in HO.Just cut roughly to shape, glue down with white glue, then carve the edges with a craft knife. I use cheap latex or acrylic craft paint 9on sale) for the basic colour, then the usual ground cover.
I'm sure others have found additional uses for this free "craft material." ;-)
Have fun, Wolf K.
On 11/20/2011 8:56 PM, Wolf K wrote:

Just make sure you WASH them THOROUGHLY to get all of the meat bits, blood, and other smelly stuff off or you may find yourself with an infestation of creatures that like dead rotting things.
--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me
On 11/20/2011 8:56 PM, Wolf K wrote:

> Just make sure you WASH them THOROUGHLY to get all of the meat bits,

Great, live animals in the rural scenes ;-)
Greetz Jan
On 20/11/2011 11:08 PM, Rick Jones wrote:

Hey, you could build as little zoo for them!
Wolf K.

Or create a monster movie scene: "Giant Insects Terrorize Railroad Passengers" or maybe "Oversize Rodents Attack Town". :-) Add in some plastic dinosaour toys and open a small scale Jurasic Park...

--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933

I once had a nest of hunstman spiders hatch out on my HO railway. Since the baby spiders were everywhere and scaled out at four to five feet in diameter, it must have been quite frightening for the model town's inhabitants!
I left a stick between the edge of the railway baseboard and an open window and they went away.

Well you could make a "Walking Dead" themed layout...
On 11/29/2011 11:34 AM, Musicman59 wrote:

But I haven't seen any trains still running on that show.
--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me

That's why they're Walking ...

I wonder why?
After all, American locos are still equipped with dead man switches.
(Ducks and runs...)