ot. "really old motor/dynamo" on ebay.

Well what was it?

Two brushes at right angles to each other and what appears to be a strange 'toroidal' field winding. Would a four pole repulsion motor have that brush arrangement (looking at them, they could well be shorted through the carrier) - I've only seen them with 180 degree separation (two pole?) before?

I know one of the complaints about this NG is that it would often be more appropriately identified as 'uk.rec.ebay' (I'll have to look to see if there is such a thing now!), but this item pricked my curiosity.

Reply to
Nick H

Not quite try uk.people.consumers.ebay B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice