Petter AVA1

Hello...I'm new to posting here, have been a lurker for a long time but finally have a question worth posting. I'm newly retired from 30+ years teaching special education here in Canada and need some advice. I've been contacted by a gent with a Petter AVA1 No 3143324, 6 bhp,

1800rpm that is missing the whole fuel system ?? (the Petter not the gent). I've not broached the subject of price yet as I don't know if this engine will be practically rebuildable depending upon the availability/cost of the parts. So, What is the opinion of the group? Is this a good quality engine for turning a gen head, with parts available, at a reasonable price? Also is it subject to tinkering as I can't seem to quit doing that to my VW's and other assorted bits of machinery? Stan in Kimberley BC Canada
Reply to
magikbus

Pump and injector is probably going to be available, maybe also the pipe. Is it a series 1 (horizontal injector) or series 2 (injector at 45 degrees) ??

We have just picked up a load of AV1 parts, and the pumps are almost the same as the AVA1 (AV1 is water-cooled, AVA1 is air-cooled)

Peter

Peter A Forbes