Sammy Miller Museum

Had a Grand Day Out at Sammy Miller's place yesterday & I was amused to find that he is starting to dabble with stationary engines. There were at least five in various stages of repair, some in the renovating shop & some in store. I was lucky enough for the Man Himself to show me them. They are all very unusual and - I think - probably French in origin.

Photos tomorrow.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Ariel rider wasn't he? I had a 350 Red Hunter in the 1960's, lovely machine although rather heavy for a 350.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

trials rider developed either ossa or honda pre lamkin ers.

Reply to
vic the barge

Very successful too. I saw him several times during the afternoon. He came out and spoke to the three of us when we peered through the windows of the workshop, later to me when I was getting a good angle on a cammy Norton to get a detail shot of a part I need to make and just when we were going when he was talking to one of the others about how he got started.

He has several cammy Nortons, Velos and Excelsiors but the one that impresses most is the vee 4 AJS racer, recreated from scratch from a concept drawing and half a dozen photos!

I took a few pictures too - have fun!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to