if you had to buy just ONE BOOK, what would it be?

just starting out in the field and looking to get a heads up on a welding course i am taking next year, if you could buy just one book that gives an introduction to all the major welding processes, what would it be? i have a very dated Haynes tech manual which looks pretty good, so was thinking of maybe getting the newest version of that, im in New Zealand so anything i buy will cost a small (or large truth be known) fortune, so really want to just get one book. thanks in advace. Marlbra.

Reply to
marlbra

It would be a free download of a Miller welding handbook for you rprocess of choice, available free from millerwelds.com.

Ignoramus21991

Good books on welding are very few indeed. I know of only one I would recommend: "Welding Principles and Applications" by Larry Jeffus. That one's pretty good. If you're having trouble with some particular thing you can go look up just that exact thing (e.g. a vertical butt weld with MIG welding) and he will have the process described.

Grant Erwin

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Been a long time since I took a welding class. IIRC the classes I did take all used the "Procedure Handbook of Arc Welding" by Lincoln as one of the texts.

Reply to
BillM

cheers for that will take a look :-)

Reply to