leak testing of fuel/hyd tanks

Iam in the process of manufacturing fuel/hyd tanks for excavators and dumpers,iam having a problem of tanks getting leaked i would like to know what is the ideal procedure for air pressure leak testing,i am having a mercury manometre but unable to figure out the process, kindly suggest a detailed process.

Reply to
alikhan.pf

No offense, but if you are taking someone's money for manufacturing vessels without knowing how to build a vessel, then you don't need to be doing it. Subcontract it out.

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

I would slightly pressurize the tanks with air and use a brush and soapy water on the outside to look for leaks. Not much pressure or you will damage the tank. In the states the best soap is Dawn or Joy dishwashing liquid.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Likewise I have found a little air pressure and soapy water to be a very effective way to find tank leaks. I didn't make a seal from the air line to the tank - I just wrapped a rag around the air line, jammed it in the tank's filler opening and added a little pressure.

Reply to
RogerW