Making Bronze & Iron Grass

I'm working on a gate with bronze and steel grass with a steel frame. I forged the grass from 1/8" square bar and was thingking of using brazing rod for the bronze grass.

Problem is, if I use brazing rod, I can't TIG it to itself or the steel. I gave to braze, which I'm thinking will be a little tougher than using the TIG and pedal.

Anyone have a suggestion? Can I get weldable round stock in 5/32,

1/8, and 3/32 round or square?

Tx

Ed

Reply to
Ed

TIG Brazing is easy. No flux needed.

Just make sure you use Silicon bronze for both your grass stalks and the filler rod. No Low-Fuming-Bronze.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Gosh - just last weekend we poured 21 # of Si Bronze into my sand box. :-)

Now I'm milling out the project. Beautiful stuff. Looks like 24K.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn