Oxy-Acetylene tanks and regulator questions

Hi all -

we acquired another oxy-acetylene rig at an auction this weekend and now I have a couple of dumb questions about it.

The newly acquired set has larger bottles than our existing one and what appear to be better regulators, so we were going to combine two into one and peddle the surplus pieces - but first -

The regulators are Smiths type BB. I can't find a listing of them anywhere and I think they're two stage (and with larger diaphragms) than the single stage Victor regulators (that came with the Victor 'Performer' package) we have currently.

My Question: Should I swap the Smiths regulators for the Victors?

The new bottles are larger than what we currently have. I'm thinking about keeping them as 'rotating spares' but I wonder if I actually own them. We have the paperwork for our 'customer owned' bottles we have on the system now, but the new oxygen bottle has "Lund Gases, Inc - Shreveport LA" cast into the neck. It also has a sticker on the neck from BOC gases, whom I presume did the last refill. The place I bought them from has had them for many years.

My Question: Is this a rental bottle that got waylaid and we need to return it? We're in Oregon, so this tank has seen some travel time :)

And finally, while researching the tanks I measured my existing 'customer owned' tanks. The oxygen is a standard 80 CF size Q but the acetylene is marked 75CF and measures about 7" diameter and 30" high.

My Question: Is this a standard tank or some sort of orphan?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.

Carla "The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a bit longer." - Henry Kissinger

Reply to
Carla Fong