Praxair fire

I find it comical how ignorant news reporters are when discussing events. This recent fire at a Praxair facility is a great example. It initially was described a plant that "MADE" oxygen tanks. Basic Chemistry would have told you there was something other than oxygen there. Good video shots of tanks venting flammable gas were instructive. Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

I've also noticed that those people don't seem to have a lot of clues. Strange, you'd think they'd be curious people and look into stuff they're talking about..

John

Reply to
JohnM

Coincendentaly, I was at my local gas distributor here in St. Louis this morning. Although not at Paxair. As I went to the dock to pick up my new 80cf tank, a forklift had just dropped a container of about

20 cylinders on the parking lot. I saw broken handles from shut off valves laying all around. Maybe they were shipping these to Praxair downtown? I love living on the edge! Anybody else here in St. Louis?

-Mike

Reply to
mclorson

There were some awesome blasts of flames when some of the tanks cut loose, and some great spirals when they lost their valves.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB