Question for the group about 9-11-2001

Since most people on this group work with metal and many make their living working with metal, does anyone believe the conspiracy BS about the twin towers?

Seems to me they did just what I would expect. Heat steel it gets soft...soft steel carries less load than hard steel = collapse.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

Add the fact that both planes were carrying a full load of fuel , and I think there was easily enough heat to buckle the beams . Those boys did their homework , they had to have some pretty good science behind them to know where and how fast to hit to maximize the damage . I suspect the results far outweighed their expectations ... but not their hopes . -- Snag Learning keeps you young !

Reply to
Snag

You can see for yourself how much heat weakens steel by heating a straightened paper clip in a candle flame.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Nope, not a bit.

On the nose. I'm a part time blacksmith, and even when it is only black hot (not glowing at all) steel is much easier to bend than when it is at room temp.

Reply to
Todd Rich

Yep, not surprised at all. Those of us who actually work with metal know full well you don't have to get anywhere near the melting point to soften steel. Hell, anyone with a brain who has ever watched a blacksmith knows that.

Reply to
Pete C.

I am totally amazed that they did not fall sooner. Like on impact. And for those Thermite conspiracy theorists, Rosie O'Donnell and Jessie Ventura, get a life. Your other careers are at an end, and you weren't very good at them, either.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

As I understand it Termite is iron oxide and powdered aluminum. Strange to find such an exotic substance where large aluminum object has crashed into a steel framed building which then burned ;-}

Reply to
John B.

I don't even give them that much credit. All they knew is they wanted a cross country flight to get max fuel load. If they really knew their stuff, both towers would have been hit extremely low. A lower speed might have kept more fuel in the buildings and not made such a huge fireball out the opposite side.

As far as their results....did they anticipate our response? the invasion and takeover of 2 countries?

You can only poke a tiger with a stick so many times. One time you just might poke a little too hard and really piss him off.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

And strange for it to be found on beams only spread a few thousandths thick instead of in pound quantities required to make it do any real damage. IIRC, they did not find any large applications of alleged thermite .......................

I guess we have to ask the experts, Rosie and Jessie.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B