Re: Dry Cut Saw Cut Performance

I am currently using a Dewalt 14" dry cut saw with the standard blade to

> cut 1/8" aluminum rectangle stock. > > When cutting I am hanging off the saw to put as much downward force to > cut with every tooth but I still find the metal to be smearing. I then > have to go back and file off the crap. I have not read of anyone else > having this problem. My blade is very sharp and cuts galv pipe with > ease. > > Am I soing something wrong or should I invest in the Tenryu pro-cut non > ferrous blade. > > Pics to follow. > > - Mike >

Buy a gallon of ZEP Big Orange, for about $25. It is a concentrated orange cleaner.

Go here.

On ZEP's main page punch 0415 into the search window and it will come up.

Find your local ZEP distributor.

Pour some in a spray bottle.

Spritz the sides of the blade every few cuts and you will get shiny smooth cuts with no smearing or burrs.

It is the best cutting fluid I have ever used on aluminum, after 20 years of metal fab experience. Plus it has no water in it so it won't rust anything, and is non-toxic and just smells like oranges.

I use the stuff on my porter Cable 14" dry saw all the time.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ernie, do you use the ZEP only on aluminum or when cutting steel also?

Jamie

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Reply to
Jamie Norwood