Tig welding in heat..

--Can't use a fan because it'll disrupt gas shield. Thinking of sticking an air compressor hose up a pants leg or something weird like that. Anyone got a better solution?? It's going to be 105 today: yecchhh!

Reply to
steamer

Put a fan on the ground behind you, pointing up? Then it'll cool your back and you'll shield the work from the breeze.

Alternately, consider that a real man would tell the boss to stuff it and go drink mint juleps in a river someplace :-).

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I wrap a towel around my head, like a turban or a headband, and keep on going. Works for me as, it keeps sweat from irritating my eyes etc.

Ignoramus5268

Reply to
RoyJ

These are a little cheaper..... ;-)

Pete

Reply to
Pete Snell

Ain't no sweat on my brow, its a cool 71.2 degrees right now. Of course 6 months from now it will be 10 or 15 degrees. Actually if you are welding on a bench or table you can put a small fan under the table blowing up toward your torso. Used to work for me back in the days when I had to go to work.

Reply to
bitternut

Its supposed to be 110 here this weekend )Near Bakersfield California( and 121 in Baker California.

I do most of my welding at night with a fan behind me a doo rag around my neck and pads in my helmet harness. IVe even been known to use a soaking wet (water) MaxiPad from the old ladies kit in a pinch.

Oh..they make great battle dressings too.

Gunner

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner