Tip TIG process

Anyone have experience with this? Looking at this, we do a lot of stainless pipe work.
http://www.weldreality.com/TIP-TIG-Welding.htm
From the website....
Six reasons to consider TIP TIG instead of regular TIG / Pulsed MIG.
[1] TIP TIG CREATES AN AGITATED WELD POOL. NO CONCERN FOR SLUGGISH ALLOYS. ALWAYS SUPERIOR WELD FUSION. LESS INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL PORE WELD DEFECTS. LESS REWORK.
[2] TIP TIG MUCH FASTER WELD SPEEDS THAN REGULAR TIG. ALWAYS PROVIDES THE LOWEST POSSIBLE WELD JOULES AND SMALLEST HAZ. SUPERIOR MECHANICAL AND CORROSION PROPERTIES. LOWER PRE-HEATS AND REDUCTION OR ELIMINATION OF OF INTERPASS TEMPERATURES.
[3] TIP TIG ROOT FILL OR FILLETS. ALWAYS SUPERIOR ALL POSITION WELD QUALITY ON ANY ALLOY WELDS.
[4] TIP TIG 50 - 400% GREATER WELD DEPOSITION THAN ALL MANUAL OR AUTOMATED TIG WELDS.
[5] TIP TIG MUCH LOWER GAS AND WIRE COSTS THAN REGULAR TIG.
[6] TIP TIG SUITED TO WELD AUTOMATION WITHOUT SOPHISTICATED, COSTLY AUTOMATED WELD EQUIPMENT LIKE AUTOMATED HEIGHT SENSING CONTROLS.

Interesting. I never did see a price quote. What does one cost?
I like the guy doing it in the T shirt. Boy, is he going to be red tomorrow!
Steve

I have never seen a weldreality article that I could understand, or even one that actually had something to say. It is endless cryptic blah blah blah. The guys sounds like an insider to everything.

I'm confused. If it has 400% deposition rates, how can it have lower wire costs?
Steve

EXCELLENT question!!!
Id love to know as well.
"
What a stupid article. Obviously written by some idiot with a marketing degree and no concept of the engineering concepts involved.
What they are describing has been around for years. It is called Hot Wire TIG and combines the cleanliness of TIG with the semi-automatic speed of MIG. Several companies have developed it for use in Aerospace assembly. It is incredibly impractical for small shops or job shops. It is meant for factory assembly. It is in the same family of processes as plasma welding. Not quite as high end as laser or electron beam, or friction stir, but still very useful for welding high alloys.
It's real nemesis' are the new synchronous pulse-on-pulse MIG welding systems, that almost eliminate the need for TIG at all in these large assemblies.
It is a useful process..... if you are Boeing.

^^^^^^^^^     --Word left out or something I don't undeerstand??
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : A human without a critter
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : is incomplete..
steamer wrote:

Think "exotic alloys".

Sorry I was typing while drowsy.
I meant High End Aerospace alloys, such as Inconels, Titaniums, Super Austenitic Stainless steels, Duplex Stainless steels, and such.