Tip TIG process

Anyone have experience with this? Looking at this, we do a lot of stainless pipe work.

From the website....

Six reasons to consider TIP TIG instead of regular TIG / Pulsed MIG.

[1] TIP TIG CREATES AN AGITATED WELD POOL. NO CONCERN FOR SLUGGISH ALLOYS. ALWAYS SUPERIOR WELD FUSION. LESS INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL PORE WELD DEFECTS. LESS REWORK. [2] TIP TIG MUCH FASTER WELD SPEEDS THAN REGULAR TIG. ALWAYS PROVIDES THE LOWEST POSSIBLE WELD JOULES AND SMALLEST HAZ. SUPERIOR MECHANICAL AND CORROSION PROPERTIES. LOWER PRE-HEATS AND REDUCTION OR ELIMINATION OF OF INTERPASS TEMPERATURES. [3] TIP TIG ROOT FILL OR FILLETS. ALWAYS SUPERIOR ALL POSITION WELD QUALITY ON ANY ALLOY WELDS. [4] TIP TIG 50 - 400% GREATER WELD DEPOSITION THAN ALL MANUAL OR AUTOMATED TIG WELDS. [5] TIP TIG MUCH LOWER GAS AND WIRE COSTS THAN REGULAR TIG. [6] TIP TIG SUITED TO WELD AUTOMATION WITHOUT SOPHISTICATED, COSTLY AUTOMATED WELD EQUIPMENT LIKE AUTOMATED HEIGHT SENSING CONTROLS.
Reply to
AMW

Interesting. I never did see a price quote. What does one cost?

I like the guy doing it in the T shirt. Boy, is he going to be red tomorrow!

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

I have never seen a weldreality article that I could understand, or even one that actually had something to say. It is endless cryptic blah blah blah. The guys sounds like an insider to everything.

Ignoramus30076

I'm confused. If it has 400% deposition rates, how can it have lower wire costs?

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

What a stupid article. Obviously written by some idiot with a marketing degree and no concept of the engineering concepts involved.

What they are describing has been around for years. It is called Hot Wire TIG and combines the cleanliness of TIG with the semi-automatic speed of MIG. Several companies have developed it for use in Aerospace assembly. It is incredibly impractical for small shops or job shops. It is meant for factory assembly. It is in the same family of processes as plasma welding. Not quite as high end as laser or electron beam, or friction stir, but still very useful for welding high alloys.

It's real nemesis' are the new synchronous pulse-on-pulse MIG welding systems, that almost eliminate the need for TIG at all in these large assemblies.

It is a useful process..... if you are Boeing.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

EXCELLENT question!!!

Id love to know as well.

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

^^^^^^^^^ --Word left out or something I don't undeerstand??

Reply to
steamer

Think "exotic alloys".

Reply to
Pete C.

Sorry I was typing while drowsy.

I meant High End Aerospace alloys, such as Inconels, Titaniums, Super Austenitic Stainless steels, Duplex Stainless steels, and such.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler