tips for finishing stainless welds

I'm about to take on my first stainless project, and I'm looking for tips on finishing afterwards. Obviously I need separate disks, files, whatever so that I don't contaminate the stainless with iron; I also have already purchased some Citrisurf 9002 for the passivation. But I don't have a good feel for how much mechanical cleanup to do, and with what tools. There are going to be just 2 fillet welds at the ends of a 4" sched 40 pipe where it meets two oversized pieces of 1/4" plate (I'm hesitant to even describe this design after all the uproar over pressure vessels, but this has nothing to do with pressure; it's a stand for a robot arm that will be bolted to the floor). So what's your favorite cleanup tool for fillet welds (flap disks, grinding wheels, brush wheels, etc), and how much material do you remove?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Vande Weghe

Scotchbrite wheels, 3M Bristle discs, mini flap wheels on a die grinder.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

run a wire brush on a small grinder over the weld while it is still hot to remove colors.

Reply to
digitalmaster

My Tig welding is so perfect and beautiful there is no cleanup required.

John Roncallo

Reply to
John Roncallo