Constant torque Hinge

Hi Guys,

I am trying to design constant torque hinge for which I think basically I need constant torque spring. This hinge to be used for position locking at various position for monitor.

Do u guys have any idea How should I approach this or any material links would be helpful.

Thanks for ur help Guys

Perecy

Reply to
perecy

Consider Hook's law with springs. If you compress the spring (preload) say 3/4 of it's length and use the spring from 3/4 to 7/8 of its unloaded length the spring effect will be a somewhat constant force.

Reply to
amorrisonca1