Aeroshark

I have an Aeroshark from the Chinese Green Models. Nice looking with flowing lines and flies great. I have seen though that it behaves strange when flying full throttle into moderate winds. It suddenly deviates vertical up or down with a feet or so. Upon reducing throttle this behaviour recedes and it flies normally. Any opinions?

TIA

Reply to
Pete

turbulence ? or and thats dangeres glitch when full trothle ? you can check that on the ground.

Reply to
dingo

Assuming that the wings are held on with rubber bands. There may not be enough rubber bands holding the wings on and they may be lifting from the fuselage causing the strange behavior. For a typical .40 size aircraft 12 #64 rubber bands would be sufficient.

RCFlyr sed that

Reply to
RCFlyr

I have run into this with an old Airmaster 40T trainer. At full throttle it suddenly did the most amazing loop/corkscrew/spin thing I have ever seen. It recovered, I throttled down and landed. I could see where the wing wasnt sitting properly in its saddle any longer and was slightly askew. Added more rubberbands and it never did it again.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Hi Guys

I know this is only about 7 years too late, but for the benefit of others who might find this thread I'll give the answer to this strange behavior.

I also have an Aeroshark and it flies beutifully, in spite of having TOO MUCH power. Full speed is much higher than was ever intended for this Chinese ARF model, thanks to a very powerful Scorpion 4025 motor on 8 LiPo cells. Output power on the shaft is comparable to that of a hot

60-size engine.

Now for the answer:- The pushrods that are supplied in the kit are junk. They flex under severe loads (high speed) and that is where the strange behavior originates.

I was fortunate enough to see a clubmate's Aeroshark fly before I assembled mine and decided to modify the pushrods when his started to wander all over the sky.

The fix is quite simple, really. I installed 2mm carbon pushrods for the elevator and rudder, running in Teflon tubing that is attached at every fuselage former, right from the servos, up to where it exits in a straight line at the rear end of the fuselage. In order to attach the outer sleeving properly, I had to cut open every second bay on the underside of the fus. These holes were later covered up again with spare heat-shrink covering (that you get with the kit for repairs).

The result: An amazingly fast and aerobatic model with no mind of it own whatsoever! Oh, another mod I had to do was to strengthen the undercarriage mounting. Mine was ripped off on the first landing in the grass.

I hope this information reaches and helps at least one person. Obviously, this might apply to other ARF kits too.

Christo

Reply to
Skylar