cd-rom&magnets @aircraft-world

Hi all,

Now

stocks magnets and cd-rom motors: "Sanyo CD-ROM Motor - 9-Pole Stator measures 20.25mm dia, 8-plates for total thickness of 3.1mm"

Other magnet sources:

Search the site for 'magnet' respectively 'stator'.

Met vriendelijke groet ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

-- Anti-Spam: my address must be modified.

Reply to
Ron van Sommeren

Direct link:

Ron van Sommeren

once you re wind these what can you use them for?

Brett

Reply to
Brett

generally used for micro type planes and helicopters but can be pushed to outputs sufficient for 300 to 400 sized applications. Cheap way for a skilled and patient tinkerer to get a brushless motor, but you still have to shell out $50-$75 for a brushless controller (which you will smoke if you make a winding error).

Reply to
mike tully

Hi Brett,

To give you an impression, have a look at the videos mentioned in this thread:

I also compiled cd-rom conversion homepages/tricks/sources/discusssions in this two page thread, it will give you a fairly good impression of what can be done with a rewound cd-rom motor:
?TOPIC_ID=368&whichpage=2 Met vriendelijke groet ;-) Ron van Sommeren

Reply to
Ron van Sommeren

Hi all,

Always test for shorts before testrunning a new motor and always use a current limited power supply, never connect your ESC straight to battery.