Help needed with Saito 82 exhaust manifold.

The stock "hard" manifold on my 82 is about 1/2" - 3/4" to short and the flex exhaust is way to long.

I have had no luck searching this.

Does anyone make/have any of the following:

  1. A longer hard exhaust manifold (12 mm dia ) for the 82. (about 1 1/2" longer than a stock manifold would be ideal )

  1. A 12mm threaded female union. (I can join 2 stock manifolds together)

  2. A 12mm threaded pipe nipple. (think plumbing )

Any suggestions ? I am certain SOMEONE must have had a similar problem and found a way to solve it without welding 2 stock exhaust mainifolds together.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Hello,

I have a Saito FA-56, with a 10 mm metric manifold. When I needed a replacement I found a perfect fit in the home appliance local store. (threaded tube used to make table lamps).

For your 82 you need to find 12 mm metric bolds and have to bore it at the right diameter.

Its better to use bolds instead of the threaded tube I found because of the better quality of the threading.

Hope to help you,

MLB

Reply to
MLB

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Ooops... that's for tubing. Anyway, Google 12mm fittings and see what comes up.....

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott