If trucks could fly ...

Video

Vriendelijke groeten ;) Ron van Sommeren int. electric fly-in, Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Ron van Sommeren

I like that anyone got the plans?

Reply to
Kevin

Thanks for posting this. It's great.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Goedendag ;-)

Video :-) :-) :-)

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren int. electric fly-in, Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Ron van Sommeren

"Ron van Sommeren" wrote in message news:472a0530$0$25476$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...

Way too cool! Where is the prop? In the cab? How much do they weigh?

I would not have thought that they had enough wing area to pull off flying. I almost did not watch the video to where they took off, thinking that it was a bad title for ground vehicles.

Wrong, I was!

Reply to
Morgans

wing area has little effect they just have more thrust than weight

Reply to
Kevin

Right. The prop is in the cab. Judging from similiar aircraft I have built , I would estimate the weight at 8-10 oz.

Actually, they have quite a lot of wing area and it certainly has a LOT of effect. Pause the video and look closely. The bottom of the truck is most of the wing area.

Over the years I've built and flown numerous odd flying things such as flying discs , flying cars and boats , and I built a flying lawn mower and boat a couple years ago. The mower is a .46 glow machine and the boat is electric powered and will run on ground or water and also flies very well. Very aerobatic and lots of fun.

Try one sometime , I think you would really enjoy it.

Ken

Reply to
ken day