BLDC motor control using PWM

Hi,

When I control a BLDC using 3 PWM signals, do my PWM signals have to be phase shifed by 120 degrees?

I have a hall sensor to decide when to switch the MOSFETS.

Thanks.

Reply to
mdee

What is a BLDC?

Reply to
SQLit

Yes, a phase shift of 120degrees is needed. See

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren
int. electric fly-in near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Reply to
Ron van Sommeren

I'm confused. A three phase dc motor?

Reply to
operator jay

In fact the same as a brushed motor but instead ofa commutator it uses an electronic commutator (controller, inverter) that gets his sync signals from the motor.

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren

int.electric fly-in

Reply to
Ron van Sommeren

Everything you need to know........