Sound effects from microcontroller pin using PWM

hi,
I am working on a hobby project to generate sound effects with 89c2051 using PWM. I am able to generate keyboard notes with it by generating
pwm signals of different frequencies. But I am at loss as how to generate other effects like car crashing,bird chirping,machine gun sound etc. ?
I googled but could not find exact idea.
-Rohit
Rohit a crit :

Try to run some ISD2560/75/120 (Winbond) from your 89c2051.
Hope this helps, Den
Hi Rohit,
Have you hear about 1-bit sound? I think this is a great resource:-
http://www.romanblack.com/picsound.htm
If you've got the sound on your PC you can encode it for play back via your micro-controller. You might want to interface some memory depending on the length of the sound and the quality your looking for.
best regards, Colin
-- www.minisumo.org.uk