about BLDC

Hello everybody I have a problem with understanding position controller with BLDC. My doubt is :- for a BLDC to have commutation we normally set the two phases which eventually turn the rotor ,based on hall sensors if i want to commute i will sense for the next event (or i say value)and then switch the PWM waves which will turn rotor for 60 degrees.if we are performing a position control can i turn the motor for less than 60 degrees (ie can i set the PWM signal that will achieve 30 degrees turn),is it actually possible ?(because the minimum turn is 60 degrees only ) (i am beginner in motor control please) how to make the bldc to accept a command which will aske it to turn less than 30 /40 degrees please help me with the links which will clear my confusion hopr i am able to explain my problem properly thanks in advance PMM

Reply to
pmm

Hello everybody I have a problem with understanding position controller with BLDC. My doubt is :- for a BLDC to have commutation we normally set the two phases which eventually turn the rotor ,based on hall sensors if i want to commute i will sense for the next event (or i say value)and then switch the PWM waves which will turn rotor for 60 degrees.if we are performing a position control can i turn the motor for less than 60 degrees (ie can i set the PWM signal that will achieve 30 degrees turn),is it actually possible ?(because the minimum turn is 60 degrees only ) (i am beginner in motor control please) how to make the bldc to accept a command which will aske it to turn less than 30 /40 degrees please help me with the links which will clear my confusion hope i am able to explain my problem properly thanks in advance PMM

Reply to
pmm

There are some articles under "Basics" and "Technology" on the Drives Magazine web site that may help.

Note that at very low speeds your drive must have a rotary encoder that gives a precise measurement of angular position. At higher speeds, interpolating between the hall sensors is good enough.

Reply to
Charles Erskine