about BLDC

Hello everybody I have a problem with understanding position controller with BLDC. My doubt is :- for a BLDC to have commutation we normally set the two phases which
eventually turn the rotor ,based on hall sensors if i want to commute i will sense for the next event (or i say value)and then switch the PWM waves which will turn rotor for 60 degrees.if we are performing a position control can i turn the motor for less than 60 degrees (ie can i set the PWM signal that will achieve 30 degrees turn),is it actually possible ?(because the minimum turn is 60 degrees only ) (i am beginner in motor control please) how to make the bldc to accept a command which will aske it to turn less than 30 /40 degrees please help me with the links which will clear my confusion hopr i am able to explain my problem properly thanks in advance PMM
Hello everybody I have a problem with understanding position controller with BLDC. My doubt is :- for a BLDC to have commutation we normally set the two phases which eventually turn the rotor ,based on hall sensors if i want to commute i will sense for the next event (or i say value)and then switch the PWM waves which will turn rotor for 60 degrees.if we are performing a position control can i turn the motor for less than 60 degrees (ie can i set the PWM signal that will achieve 30 degrees turn),is it actually possible ?(because the minimum turn is 60 degrees only ) (i am beginner in motor control please) how to make the bldc to accept a command which will aske it to turn less than 30 /40 degrees please help me with the links which will clear my confusion hope i am able to explain my problem properly thanks in advance PMM
There are some articles under "Basics" and "Technology" on the Drives Magazine web site that may help.
http://www.drivesurvey.com/index_home.html
Note that at very low speeds your drive must have a rotary encoder that gives a precise measurement of angular position. At higher speeds, interpolating between the hall sensors is good enough.