AB SLC/505 and Solaris?

I'm developing a fairly straightforward integration between an WMS running under Sun Solaris 8 and a single AB SLC/505 PLC via Ethernet. A few divert
commands with confirmation - about 9000 of these per day max. Is Rockwell's INTERCHANGE the best way to do this (with no PC in between)? It looks like a straightforward enough C API. Does anyone have any experience with INTERCHANGE and is it currently maintained (the docs on AB site look about 4 years old!).
Any other suggestions appreciated. TIA, Bob
Maybe the sourceforge project ABEL (Allen Bradley Ethernet Library) will help, http://sourceforge.net/projects/abplc5 /
Project Description: This is a library and example programs for accessing an Allen Bradley PLC5 from Linux over Ethernet. This library supports the PLC5 family, the Pyramid Integrator, and the SLC 5/05 to various degrees. Example programs included to show how to use the lib.
Bob O'Connor wrote:

Thanks for the tip - this project looks like it never got started and maybe is as old as the INTERCHANGE docs I see! Seriously, am I barking up the wrong tree here (SLC to Solaris) or should I stick with a PC based middleware? I'm a UNIX type and the application will run entirely on Solaris so I don't want to introduce another platform if I don't have to... Bob

running
divert
Rockwell's
like a

about 4

To my understanding this ABEL does work but I have no idea how difficult it would be to port it to solaris .. most likely it won't work out-of-the-box but if AB uses tcp/ip and not something like raw ethernet frames like some do to do its business, porting wouldn't be too hard..
BUT, I've not tried this ABEL myself. Just heard.
-- Antti
The ABEL stuff was developed (by Ron Gage) to run under linux and should be basically compatible with Solaris. The only problem I have ever had moving TCP/IP stuff back and forth between Sun/Linux has been the byte ordering of IP addresses.