Talk to an AB SLC-505 Ethernet PLC ?

Can anyone here tell me if it's possible to read and write individual values to specific addresses (eg: N13:21) in the subject PLC using its
built-in ethernet communications capabilities (that is, NOT using RSLinx or some 3rd party software)?
And, if it's possible, is there some documentation somewhere that explains how to do it?

It's possible.. but if you don't use RSLinx natively, you'll need to get a Driver from somewhere. That could be an off-the-shelf SCADA package, an OPC Server, or you could do it yourself from scratch if you were keen enough.
What are you trying to communicate with?
Cameron:-)
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:50:49 +1100, "Cameron Dorrough"

A custom-written Visual Basic program.
This is actually just some R&D on my part. I currently use some 3rd party stuff to communicate between my VB programs and PLC-5's / SLC's (using both DH+ and ethernet).
I was playing around with web pages that are built-in to the SLC-505 and was wondering if I could do something with that. It claims to be able to host "user pages" but I have no idea how to create/upload them.
Martin wrote:

Check this out. Many of my customers have used this. It is written for Linux but it can be easily converted to Windows http://mat.sourceforge.net/manual/io/abel.html
Peter Nachtwey
On 21 Nov 2006 22:04:51 -0800, "Peter Nachtwey"

But what I'm looking for is some way to communicate with the PLC without using any 3rd party software or intermediary saftware.
It seems that, if the PLC can send out live data via a web page (and it does do that with one of the built-in pages), then maybe there would be some way to have two-way communication with it.