I am hoping this device can be programmed (with ladder logic?) via a PC. The only port on the PLC appears to be a phone jack - is it used for program downloading?
Thanks in advance for any assistance..........
Laurie Forbes
You can find out all that you want to know at www.rockwellsoftware.com
It does indeed program with ladder logic via a very nice windows interface. I know of no other way other than to buy the software from rockwell.
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:32:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nospam (Laurie Forbes) wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:39:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Thanks for the info - I've looked around and I'm afraid you are correct - the software must be purchased from Rockwell or a distributor with no demo version or third party software apparently available. Since it is quite a few hundred $, I guess my PLC is going to have to remain in hibrination.
Laurie Forbes

Laurie, if it's a one-off project you could always give your ladder to someone who has a copy of the software and get them to program the PLC for you - it certainly would be cheaper than buying the software.
Cameron:-)
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:11:30 +1000, "Cameron Dorrough"

Cameron:
That's a good suggestion but I intend to use the device as an educational/hobby vehicle so a copy of the software is pretty much a necessity. Maybe I'll give e-bay a shot.
Laurie Forbes

Careful here or you may end up with media, but no license. Its copy protected.