TDC, EPLCG and AB ControlLogix PLC

I've read the white paper on how to set up the communcations to the TDC with a KFC module and EPLCG, however there is no mention of the
expected performance. Does anyone have any direct experience with this set-up and can comment on the performance? Can you scan 10s, 100s, or 1000s of AI point/second? Is the interface really bi-directional? I have talked to a user that is using the serial interface with a HPM to pass data and its real slow when writing data from the HPM to the PLC.
Also, does anyone know if Honewell is still sellling the EPLCG? Cost?
Thanks,