[PLC] programming cable for FESTO controller (2023 Update)

Hi!

I'm a student of Silesian University of Technology (in Gliwice, Poland), and I have a task - I must repair a broken program in FESTO controllers. It's a simple thing, but I have a one difficult problem... I don't have a cable to connect controllers with computer...

I found in Internet that I need a cable appointed as: PS1-SM14-RS232 (in FESTO catalogue it has a number: 188 935). FESTO company wants to sold it for my - but the price it's to high. I need this cable only for download the program to the computer, and upload it back. So the price 250 PLN (more than

60 euro) it's to much for me.

So - I have a question - can anybody help me with me problem? Is here anybody who meet this controllers, and who can help me with make this cable? In Internet I found only this information:

but it's too little for me. With this information I couldn't make this cable.

I believe that somebody can help with my problem, and I will finish my task ;-)

Best regards,

Michael

Reply to
Micha³

I clicked on the "Datasheets" link on that page and the complete pinout for both parts of the cable is shown. You will still need to build an RS-232 to TTL converter circuit. At first glance, it looks like four channels, two in and two out. Maxim semiconductor makes a large assortment of IC's for this purpose, for example:

data sheets give example circuits. More data on RS-232 is available here

cerskine

the one I have is a 6 pin RJ-45? connector wired straight through to another RJ-45? connector, this is the same as the screen to PLC cable, then it plugs into an RJ-45? to serial adaptor and what appears to be a standard serial cable

Reply to
fulliautomatix

Hi!

Thanks for your help ;)) I've just found a more interesting diagram for this cable, and now I'll be able to make them ;))

Once again - thanks you :)

Best regards, Michal

Reply to
Micha³

replying to , Brendo wrote: Hi, can you send me the diagram because I need it also for my PLC. Thanks!

Reply to
Brendo

replying to , Brendo wrote: Hi, can you send me the diagram because I need it also for my PLC. Thanks!

Reply to
Brendo

It should be simple enough, and cheap enough to build your own. Both connectors easily obtained. For wiring, see

$File/CA233-0.pdf

Reply to
Robert Dallons

It should be simple enough, and cheap enough to build your own. Both connectors easily obtained. For wiring, see

$File/CA233-0.pdf

Reply to
Robert Dallons

Hi Robert can you resend that link to me?

Reply to
Lucian Almeida