[PLC] programming cable for FESTO controller

Hi!
I'm a student of Silesian University of Technology (in Gliwice, Poland),
and I have a task - I must repair a broken program in FESTO controllers.
It's a simple thing, but I have a one difficult problem... I don't have a
cable to connect controllers with computer...
I found in Internet that I need a cable appointed as: PS1-SM14-RS232 (in
FESTO catalogue it has a number: 188 935). FESTO company wants to sold it
for my - but the price it's to high. I need this cable only for download the
program to the computer, and upload it back. So the price 250 PLN (more than
60 euro) it's to much for me.
So - I have a question - can anybody help me with me problem? Is here
anybody who meet this controllers, and who can help me with make this cable?
In Internet I found only this information:

but it's too little for me. With this information I couldn't make this
cable.
I believe that somebody can help with my problem, and I will
finish my task ;-)
Best regards,
Michael
Reply to
Micha³
Without the pinout, anything else is useless. The picture shows a 9 pin D connector eventually terminating in what looks like the equivalent of an RJ-45 connector(US). That is 8 wires that could go anywhere.
Reply to
me
I clicked on the "Datasheets" link on that page and the complete pinout for both parts of the cable is shown. You will still need to build an RS-232 to TTL converter circuit. At first glance, it looks like four channels, two in and two out. Maxim semiconductor makes a large assortment of IC's for this purpose, for example:
data sheets give example circuits. More data on RS-232 is available here
cerskine
the one I have is a 6 pin RJ-45? connector wired straight through to another RJ-45? connector, this is the same as the screen to PLC cable, then it plugs into an RJ-45? to serial adaptor and what appears to be a standard serial cable
Reply to
fulliautomatix
Hi!
Thanks for your help ;)) I've just found a more interesting diagram for this cable, and now I'll be able to make them ;))
Once again - thanks you :)
Best regards, Michal
Reply to
Micha³
Hi, can you send me the diagram because I need it also for my PLC. Thanks!
Reply to
Brendo
Hi, can you send me the diagram because I need it also for my PLC. Thanks!
Reply to
Brendo
It should be simple enough, and cheap enough to build your own. Both connectors easily obtained. For wiring, see
$File/CA233-0.pdf
Reply to
Robert Dallons