Rotary Inverted Pendulum Controller

Well, i know totally nuts about controllers and stuffs. And in fact i have no basic knowledge of such and MATLAB to start with. But anyway, i'm currently doin a final yr project for my degree. Using MATLAB and it's toolboxes, I'm required to replace the PID controller for invertetd pendulum with a Fuzzy Logic Controller. The problem is in linking the fuzzy logic controller i've designed with the simulink model linking to the hardware. Is there sources where i can look for reference?

Right now i'm creating the animation for it using SimMechanics, MATLAB. But i do have the problem linking it to the Simulimk model also.

So i really hope anyone with such knowledge/expertise can help. Any form of aid and information forwarded is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
deCaTz

It's sad that your university does not teach you about Matlab and classical control using simple plants before they expect you to start playing with fuzzy/neural/whatever control systems on a rotary inverted pendulum.

fred

Reply to
Fred Stevens

Well, they believed that since it's our project,we should seek the direction ourselves and not being spoon fed. =( Well, they did teach us, but a very basic of control which i guess not much of help to what i'm doing. Therefore any form of help/information is greatly appreciated! ;P

Reply to
deCaTz