Rotary Inverted Pendulum Controller

Well, i know totally nuts about controllers and stuffs. And in fact i have no basic knowledge of such and MATLAB to start with. But anyway,
i'm currently doin a final yr project for my degree. Using MATLAB and it's toolboxes, I'm required to replace the PID controller for invertetd pendulum with a Fuzzy Logic Controller. The problem is in linking the fuzzy logic controller i've designed with the simulink model linking to the hardware. Is there sources where i can look for reference?
Right now i'm creating the animation for it using SimMechanics, MATLAB. But i do have the problem linking it to the Simulimk model also.
So i really hope anyone with such knowledge/expertise can help. Any form of aid and information forwarded is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
deCaTz wrote:

It's sad that your university does not teach you about Matlab and classical control using simple plants before they expect you to start playing with fuzzy/neural/whatever control systems on a rotary inverted pendulum.
fred
Well, they believed that since it's our project,we should seek the direction ourselves and not being spoon fed. =( Well, they did teach us, but a very basic of control which i guess not much of help to what i'm doing. Therefore any form of help/information is greatly appreciated! ;P