AB RXLOGIX PROGRAMMING

Ok, any of you guys who are pros at RSLogix 500, I need some advice. I am programming a SLC 5/03. I have about 60 devicenet valve actuators that I need to program. Instead of copying all the rungs over and over, and then if something changes, I have to redo all of them. I'd like to be able to setup one program and pass the addresses of the valve acutator's inputs/outputs. I guess what you might call indirect addressing. I need some direction on how to approach this programming method. Thanks.

Reply to
lilboss82

On 27 Jul 2005 14:55:39 -0700, "lilboss82" proclaimed to the world:

You can have all the rungs set up to control the actuators, look at a "master" output's state in a rung set up just for this. The logic can the be changed in just the master rung.

Be well,

HoP

The preceding message represents personal opinions and/or advice that may prove incorrect or harmful. But then maybe not. Feel free to disregard.

------- Words have no Warranty ------ ------- No View without Merit ------

Reply to
HoPpeR© trading at 1492¥

NFI

indexed offset addressing

create table, send table to valve using a MOV block type command - index start address - MOV - index etc

Reply to
fulliautomatix

For a RSLogix ladder logic example of Indirect Addressing and more ...

If your 5/03 is not wired to any real world outputs, or you have an extra in the shop, you can load this working program in SLC 500 and study how it works. It is fully discriptored and comes with a printable PDF copy. It might help you out.

Reply to
bin95us

Thanks guys, got it working on 12 rungs instead of 200. I used indexed addressing, but got to play with the indirect method too. Both ways are very efficient.

Reply to
lilboss82