Hornby Accessory Decoders?

I have a quick question on DCC accessory decoders, that hopefully has an easy answer. On the Hornby Select, it will only expect/allow the start address from
61 onwards, I am assuming that is because as an entry level/start DCC controller, the addresses 1-59/60 are used for locomotives etc. On the Hornby Elite, it makes references to the start accessory address being group 1, and allowing addresses from 1, this is because I again assume being more advanced as a unit, it allows both loco addresses and accessory addresses on a separate chip/program.
Looking at the leaflet that comes with the Hornby Accessory decoder, it classes them in blocks of 4 in each group, I.e. Group 1 = 1,2,3,4 and Group 2 as being 5,6,7 and 8.
If I had an accessory decoder (Lenz) which had 6 outputs and they were not dependant on the DCC controller to program them, so out the box they were pre-assigned outputs 1,2,3,4,5 and 6, would I be able to use the Hornby Accessory decoder from 7,8,9 and 10 as a group when programming, so I just say start address = 7 and it works out 8, 9 and 10 automatically? Or do I need to go straight to group 3 which is 9,10, 11 and 12 , so I would enter 9, so it uses 9,10,11 and 12, thus missing out 7 and 8. Are Hornby decoders locked into those blocks of 4? Or can you start at any address and it works out the rest?
I would like to do, 1-6 on the first decoder and then use the hornby one to do 7-10 inclusive?
Chris
--
Chris King
(remove nospam to email direct)

Not an answer but you might find these pages http://www.nmra.org/standards/DCC/index.html of use both now and in the future. NMRA write the specifications that Hornby, Lenz and the like claim to follow.

From what I remember of the Hornby instructions its quite emphatic that you need to start with the block at a multiple of 4+1. So its 1,5,9 etc. Suggests programming done to spec translated literally and not by someone that understands the situation - unless DCC specify it like that.
Usual thing, give it a go and find out though.
Cheers, Simon