Hornby DCC Decoders

I'm looking to get a Hornby 153 and wondered how good the decoder in the DCC version is. I have a Digitrax system which works OK with Lenz, TCS and obviously Digitrax but not very well with ZTC. What do the panel think? Thinking maybe a Lenz Silver if the Hornby fitted one is not that great.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

The cheaper Hornby decoders are quite limited in features and the early versions were not fit for purpose. The Sapphire should be OK but I don't know if that is used in "DCC-fitted" locos.

Ask the shop if you can exchange it for non-DCC fitted version if it's not suitable.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

"Chris" wrote

Tried a Hornby R8249 in mine and wasn't impressed. Currently running it with a Lenz Silver Direct and am pleased with the performance.

John.

Reply to
John Turner