Zero 1 Known Faults? advice on Master/Micromimic Console

Hiya I am in the process of setting up a new layout using Hornby zero 1 kit. Since i have the kit its far cheaper than to go DCC at present.
I have an odd fault though with the Micromimic Control Console. It does not respond to the key numbers as it should. Have two consoles both do the same. Both have new batteries and PCB on one fully repaired. Both same symptoms.
Oddly though I am suspecting the Master controller. There seems to be 7V DC on the output as well as the 24V AC signal. The controller works fine for loco operation and accessory unit operations. Its Just the Micromimic console odd response.
The Master power led is flickering also, is this normal? The unit is also not silent and emits almost a ticking sound, the accessory units also do the same. I have a pretty good schematic but not full circuit diagram, but as fas as i can see I should have no DC on the output.
Can anyone measure their Master and check for any DC presence please?
I am asking for anyone with previous faults to perhaps list here to create a known database of fault.
If anyone needs advice on Master Keyboard repair, this is very easy. -Drill out the rivets to gain access to the unit -Remove the keypad pcb -Clean the contacts if corroded, very fine sanding works a treat, otherwise contact cleaner should only be required. -The rubber keypad is normally hat fails -To repair the Rubber keypad, simply use the Hornby Coding Paint used on modules, and re-paint the black pads. -Re-assemble -Test and you should find it works perfectly. -Suggest to use nut and bolts to re-assemble the unit for easy access the next time - Not the right side of the unit must be flush to allow slave controller connection, so leave the rivets/fixings out is simplest.
Any help on if the Power LED flickers at all on your Master or if anyone can quickly measure the output voltage for DC would be appreciated.
Darren

I have not had my Zero 1 powered up for at least 25 years but yes, I do remember that the green power light flickered and the unit emitted a sort of ticking noise.
ROB

Small update, The flicker is for sure standard, got the mimic system working fine, the markings on the rear, A and B are in-correct, A-B and B to A and all works! I don't have the original lead hence didn't see this until i thought what the hell, just swap them and try anyway. Now have three fully refurbished and working mimic consoles including new batteries!
Now to get laying some track, will have a fully working Retro DCC Zero 1 system working with full mimic system!
Darren
On Friday, 6 April 2012 19:18:52 UTC+1, Darren wrote:

Hi Darren, where did you get your micromimic units refurbed? Thanks.
On Saturday, 4 February 2012 18:51:11 UTC, Darren wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Just wondering why you have reposted this 5-year-old post. Is the OP still trying to get his Zero 1 to work? Or are you the OP?
--
Martin S