SeaGull Models Ultimate Bipe Fecommnedations

After construction, the plane is beautiful but here are few helpful hints to get flying. The recommended rate on the elevator is insufficient. After the test flight, there was not enough elevator to get a decent flair and the bird pancaked on landing bending the too flimsy landing gear. This gear should be replaced by either a composite or heavier guage aluminum. I have tried three times now to land and bent the gear each time even after stringing some aircraft cable between the two halves. It is a two piece gear set up and that is part of the problem. I would add about 25-30 % expo on the ailerons as well. Since this was my first bipe I had a tendency to over correct. One final note, the struts that connect the upper and lower ailerons. Get rid of them and use a heavier, fully threaded wire that will accept nylon clevises. On my second flight one of the provided struts worked loose as they employ metal threaded clevisies in the original configuaration and even with the lock nuts, they vibrate loose. Do all the above and you'll have a a smooth flying inexpensive Bipe. ($159.00)

Reply to
senator59

What radio and engine do you have in it? All up weight? mk solder one end, loc-tite the other

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Load up your model into my database at

Jeff

Reply to
Admin - RCGearing.com

For anyone interested in this ARF, don't forget to also check out The World Models similarly-sized Ultimate bipe. It's $10 cheaper and a great model. For even LESS money, Raidentech sells a knock-off version of The World Models Ultimate (mine even came with photocopied World Models instruction sheets) for $119! I've had a lot of fun with mine, for less money than a lot of KITS cost.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Which is why I never use the recommended rates for any model (except a canard).

I try to get as much throw as I can get on high rate and then 60% of that on low rate. It hasn't failed me yet.

There's nothing worse than taking off and not having enough control authority to properly fly the model. Too much I can deal with. Too little and you're just looking for a hole to fill.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

FWIW, I set all surfaces to +/- 30 degrees (more usually stalls the surfaces, less is less control). I never bother with exponential or double rate - I try to "feel" the plane without introducing "shifting gears" in sensitivity (which "de-calibrates" the brain - if you are still following me..:-)

YMMV a lot - it works for me up to rather fast 60 size planes.

Reply to
Blarp