First flight!

Ok, first flight details...... of the Yellow Bee.

Assembled plane as per the video. All ok.
Went to fly it, took off perfectly then oh oh..... mustn't have trimmed it
right.
yo-yo yo-yo yo-yo can't stop the stalls - ARRRGH!!!!
Crashed into long grass / thistle plant. No damage - phew!!
Bent the real aileron foam tab thinghamys down. Took off again. Perfect 2nd
flight. Flew for about 10 min till I noticed it wasn't climbing as
well...... perfect touchdown on the deserted road!! WOOHOO!!!
Inserted new battery I bought. Another 15min spent learning the new plane.
Wind picked up a tad had fun as it wasn't too strong, just enough to make
powering out of the slow glide into the wind quite hard without it doing a
big DIP before it picked up extra lift. Bit scarey but fun. Nice uneventful
landing except for a giant spin at the very end when one of the wheels on
the undercarriage fell off...... anyway... off home to fix that and charge
up again.
2nd day flying..... back to the new housing estate that has no homes on it
yet, just all the streets. Nice takeoff into the very slight wind. Easy.....
haven't had to fix the ailerons since I bent the foam. Still nice......
what's that in the distance?? Oh oh.....was getting close to the ground and
didn't see the wire fence newly erected there. WHAM!! One replacement wing
and tail wing now on order. Not a happy flight. Could have sworn that fence
wasn't there yesterday!!! oh well. Lesson learned.
T.
Reply to
Thomas Houseman
Well, my first flight story for today....
Finally (after about 9 years) finished a GT Generix Batplane yesterday. Don't ask why it took me so long to finish it....
New OS25LA motor, run it in, nice & sweet. Range checks A OK. All trimmed up, fuel it up, launch into wind and away we go. Lot of left roll but easily trimmed out, neutralise the full up trim from launch & all is OK. Goes like a proverbial bat out of somewhere warm. Looks just fantastic in the sky. Getting the feel of it and decide that the landing is going to be interesting so I start to practice low speed flying with it and it's drops a wing. OK, so it's as expected. Keep the speed up & it's OK. Aileron response a bit sluggish, elevator OKish. Stooge around a bit more then come in for a lower and slightly slower pass so my mate can get a photo...
...and I fly it straight into the ground as the expected elevator response fails to materialise. Doh......
Collect parts, walk back to car. It's all balsa construction so I doubt I'll be rebuilding it..... :(((
Reply to
Chris
Oh bugger, that's worse than mine. Condolences.
T.