LiPo chargers good for Li-Ion ?

Hi all,

I just salvaged eight Sony Energytec US18650S Li-Ion from an old portable computer. Can they be safely charged with a standard Li-Po charger such as E-Flite Celectra,Apache 2500 or Kokam LIPO402 ?

GB

Reply to
Glowboy

Yes, I have successfully used Li-Ion batteries from cell phones in model applications. I saw open the plastic cases and free the cells from their small circuit boards. I make them up in a two or three cell pack by soldering and then taping them together. Then I charge them on an Apache

2500 charger. Works like a charm. I have a low cost, effective 1200 maH pack. I observe the usual precautions of leaving them on the charger for only the time it takes to charge them (no overnight) and charging the cells on a large ceramic tile. On a two cell pack I flew my Tipsy at a record (for me) 31 minutes at full throttle for the entire time. Not too shabby.

Reply to
Marlowe

"Marlowe" wrote in news:NoLEc.676$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

It's great !

I think I'll go for Celectra since it's the only low cost Li-Po charger availlable in Canada good that works for more than 2 cells. By the way; Happy Canada day to all Canadians on rec,models.air !

GB

Reply to
Glowboy