T-Rex Problem; Help appreciated!!

Hi Folks

As a change from many, many, years flying fixed wing, I have treated myself to a T-Rex 450S helicopter to play with in my garden here in England - assuming I can learn to fly the thing.

I am impressed with the quality of the kit and whilst the T-Rex is going together well (actually it arrived mostly assembled but I am a slow builder), it is my first heli and I have come across a small problem I need advice with.

Assembled as per the instructions, there is a gap between the flybar control arm and the flybar seesaw holder. This means that the flybar rod has about 1/8 inch sideways movement, which seems a trifle odd to me. I would have expected there to be either no play - or spacers between the control arm and the seesaw holder to take up the slack, but nothing is shown on the plan, nor are there any bits in the box that look as though they fit here.

Is the flybar rod supposed to "free float" sideway, or am I missing something obvious? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

KGB

Reply to
KGB

I had a T-Rex 450 XL that was like that, with the plastic head. I just pinched in the flybar cage a bit and tightened up the allen screws. There should be that much play so a slight amount of pressure should do it.

You don't really want the parts to rub with any friction at all, so just use just the right amount of squeeze and set those allen screws. (Be careful also not to strip the flybar cage allen screw hol threads...)

Good luck and enjoy that sweet T-Rex. Good decision and nice heli.

Reply to
G-Dawg

Another note, if you are serious about rc helicopters, check out

A guy there that goes by the name of Finless, has build videos and lots of good heli info there.

Reply to
G-Dawg

Hi and thanks

I assume you mean .

A search of the forums shows that this is a common "fault" which apparently doesn't matter in flight. However, I have taken the advice in your other post and pinched in the flybar cage.

Regards

KGB

Reply to
KGB