trimming

can someone please tell what trimming the plane means thanks joe

Reply to
spreitzer

It means getting the control surfaces set in such a way that the plane will fly straight and level with your hands off the transmitter.

You can trim the control surfaces by using "trim switches" on the transmitter, if your transmitter has trim switches. They're sliders that let you bias the ailerons, elevator, and rudder as much as the plane needs to fly straight and level by itself.

You can also adjust the linkages so that the necessary corrections are in place when the trim switches are at neutral. This is a good thing to do, though I confess that I'm often too lazy to go through this step. If you do the right thing, it means that you can leave your trim switches in neutral and know that the plane will fly predictably. If you're lazy like me, you run the danger of going up in the air with an untrimmed plane because you forget where the trims are supposed to be.

Computerized transmitters can "memorize" the trim settings, within limits, and preserve the necessary offsets without having to do the mechanical adjustments.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

can someone please tell what trimming the plane means thanks joe

Reply to
MK

Using a circular saw to make the thing fit in the back seat ? Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

can someone please tell what trimming the plane means thanks joe

Reply to
BP

Adding decorative chintz curtains on brass poles?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher