Sullivan filler valves

What size fuel lines can you use with this Sullivan filler valve? I want to use this valve with a K&B.61. I tried medium size fuel lines which fit the 1/8" probe and tank but is quite small for the filler. Is there such a thing as a 1/8 to 3/16 adapter? I've been using the same valve on my 1/4 Cub with no problem. It's all 3/16" ID though.

Reply to
Jim K.

If you use the DuBro valve shown at

won't have the problem of two different line sizes, and standard blue silicone lines work nicely on Sullivan tanks, DuBro fueler valves, and K&B .61 engines.

And there are rebuild kits available for the DuBro valves.

Still have my 1985 K&B .61 _and_ the first DuBro fueler valve I ever bought. Engine and valve have been in six different models, nary a glitch with either. Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

I have just removed two Sulivan valves due to split outer housings. The split seemed to be caused by the end cap being a press fit into the main body. Over the years the press fit stresses caused the body to fail. These were at least 5 years old and the planes had not been flown in the past year so I don't know exactly when the failure occured.

Reply to
Dersu u

I already have the Sullivan valve. I bought 2 for different planes. One filler valve works fine in the 1/4 cub but I didn't consider the size difference at the time with the K&B. I guess I'll make adapters from different size brass tubing soldered together to get by. Thanks for your information though. . .

Reply to
Jim K.

The point is that they can split at any time. Not really a big deal but why install something that has demonstrated the potential to fail on more than one occasion?

Reply to
Dersu u

I already have the Sullivan valve. I bought 2 for different planes. One filler valve works fine in the 1/4 cub but I didn't consider the size difference at the time with the K&B. I guess I'll make adapters from different size brass tubing soldered together to get by. Thanks for your information though. . . ===================================== Sullivan makes tubing adaptors Tower sells them, $1.15 for two.

Carrell