Videos please?

Any links to videos please. Preferably landing videos or videos which include landing. I guess they wouldn't have to be smooth landings, heheh. Thanks in advance.

Off-topic. Wanna see a human-bound aircraft takeoff in 18 feet?

1400KB)

Reply to
John Doe

Steve Banks

In article , John Doe wrote: | Any links to videos please. Preferably landing videos or videos | which include landing. I guess they wouldn't have to be smooth | landings, heheh. Thanks in advance.

Here's a nice landing for you :

Though you may want to just go here --

Doug McLaren

Downloaded and viewed everyone of them. That's a bunch. Anybody have more?

I like (biplane_death.mov). Things get really quiet just before it touches down.

Seems the planes have very small wheels to roll over grass.

From everything I've seen so far, all over the grass, I get the impression that flying over concrete is in most cases a bad idea.

Reply to
John Doe

| Seems the planes have very small wheels to roll over grass.

They're probably designed to roll on concrete. But as long as the plane can get through the grass, it's just fine. | From everything I've seen so far, all over the grass, I get the | impression that flying over concrete is in most cases a bad idea.

For every crash video you see, many dozens of uneventful flights happened. Normal flight videos don't get put up on web sites nearly as often as crash videos.

Concrete is bad to crash into. It's great to land on.

However, for a plane like the Outcast where you only `control' the plane in a general sense, flying over concrete or near trees or buildings is probably a bad idea.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Concrete, grass, dirt, boulders, water. It doesnt matter what you fly OVER, just what you taxi, take off, and land on. Granted for the beginner, the smoothest, softest surface is best to have in case of those sudden landings. The Robin's Hobby Porta-Potti-Pilots field is a short paved asphalt runway with trees at one end, a raised highway embankment on the other, a pond on one side and a boulder field everywhere else but in the parkinglot. If you can take off and land there, you can fly ANYWHERE.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople