RE: AutoCAD Add/Remove Programs listing

hi sentient fluid

i read your posts on Google:

?selm=B1FYa.668566%24ro6.13938955%40news2.calgary.shaw.ca and noted that you have the same problem as i had with AutoCad taking up more that a reasonable amount of space in Add/Remove Programs...

well, i found a solution on my machine (AutoCad 2002 SP1 on WinXP SP1). the problem is with a dodgy icon that AutoCad references when it creates the Add/Remove item in the registry. i fixed the reference, and woop, no more space!

if you still have this problem, open up regedit.exe and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

then you have to find the subkey that contains the AutoCad uninstall info. on my machine with AutoCad 2002 SP1 installed, the subkey is: {5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}

the correct subkey should contain a "DisplayName" value of "AutoCad 2002" or whatever.

once you've located it, you need to change the "DisplayIcon" value. in my case, the incorrect value was: "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\acad.exe,-1"

note the "-1" at the end? change this bit to "1", ie: "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\acad.exe,1"

that's it. hope that helps.

regards roland

Reply to
Sentient Fluid