simpel line angle

Hello all I have a line in a unknown angle. How can I make a line from the end of that line in an angle of say 57 degrees to that line. If i use @100<57 the
line comes out in 57 degrees to a horisontal line. I use acad ver. 14.01
I hope you can help me.
Poul
use the command ucs>object select the lin just drawn. then use @100<57
Michel
the

be sure to select the line at the startpoint of the lin instead of the end point. Otherwise your ucs is rotated 180dg th wrong way
Michel

copy the existing line to @0,0 rotate P or L (previous or last) pick point.. new vertex -->57
voila
-- be cool,
Longshot
Acad/Icad describes angles relative to the current UCS. If you want to draw 57 degrees from an angle other than zero in your current UCS, you have to change the UCS so that your first line's angle is zero. (UCS>E>Pick end of line near where you want the origin) It's not very easy to do repeatedly. If you want to draw this way a lot, you could write a lisp do help you.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

Copy the existing line in place. That is, pick any point for the "from" point and type "@" (without quotes) for the "to" point. Now "rotate" "last" by 57 (or -57).
John B
johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.
Thanks for all the answers - now I wil try how they works.
Poul
the