square footage (area) calculation

I am in the business of selling a roof coating for flat commercial roofs. The roofs are of a variety of sizes and shapes. I was wondering if there is a simple CAD program like SmartDraw that will allow me to draw the roof perimeter and dimension it and then have the software determine the linear footage of the perimeter and the total square footage of thr roof area. Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please reply to snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net thank you, Rudy

Reply to
rudyeb

Yes. How does free sound to you? Go here:

the shape and you can get perimeter and area from it. It comes with a manual and there is a user forum that is about the most active I have seen.

Reply to
CW

Use Autocad in built tools:

Draw roof outline accurately to scale using a polyline (make sure the line is closed). List the line and press F2 to see the line length and enclosed area.

HTH

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Works quite well but there is that little thing about a $3400.00 price difference between the previous suggestion and this one.

Reply to
CW

True, but the original poster says his roofs are flat.

Reply to
KWoz

Considering he said he was doing flat roofs, I don't think this is a problem.

Reply to
CW

Happens. No big deal.

Reply to