suggestions for a CAD viewer

Any recommendations for a good but simple CAD viewer (dxf and dwg)? For non-cad users, i.e. sales department. Ever since the extinction of Voloview, I often have to save down 2004 format dwg and dxf files so they can view and print them. Autodesk has that new TrueView but it looks too complicated yet it has no inquiry or measure features. I've looked at Cadwizz but I thought I'd throw this out there for some feedback.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Ruehle

free BentleyView, not simple and mighty download.. but giv'em a try anyhow.

N.

Reply to
Norbert Grund

Solid Works are doing a free viewer and also a free pdf maker

Reply to
uNkulunkulu

Why not create PDF's? Easily viewed and printed with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Autodesk now has DWGTrueView you can download. It is a little large at around 102 MB however.

Reply to
Ian A. White

as he already mentioned...

N.

Reply to
Norbert Grund

because it would need to create an additional PDF for every thousands drawings he might already have.. and an update with every change in the drawings.

N.

Reply to
Norbert Grund

Hey all, thanks for all the input.

Reply to
Peter Ruehle

Downloaded DWGTrueView yesterday. Looks just like AutoCad with no functions except zoom, print and export. But still not bad!

Reply to
medeziner